One of many things you can do to keep your costs down over time is to ensure that you’re not overpaying for things you subscribe to or purchase on contract.
This includes a long list of things that include
- Utility bills (gas, electricity, water)
- Home Internet
- Cable / Netflix / Hulu / Amazon Prime
- Home Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Car Lease
- Mobile Telephone Contract
- Mortgages and Home Rental
- Loans and Credit Card Debt
Each of these things can be renegotiated, but often only at a specific moment in time. In some cases, these things auto-renew for an additional year and if you miss the window, it become impossible to alter for yet another year.